Literacy. Arts. Theatre.
Our Outreach Program
The Courtyard Koota Trust is dedicated to nurturing creative expression and collaboration by being an inclusive platform to learn, educate, share, and exchange ideas.
Our intent has been to create more meaningful ways of engagement within the community through dialogue, discussion, and interaction.
We are located in Kengeri, at the Good Earth Malhar eco-village. The neighborhood has a few other suburban communities as well as the three villages of Kambipura, Anchepalya, and Doddabele.
The programming in our centre is targeted to reach and respond to all of these audiences – varying the content to connect with each group while also encouraging an exchange within and between groups.
Makkala Masti is the Outreach Program of the Trust. We are currently working in three Government schools and one private school communities.
Vision & Intent
At Makkala Masti, we believe in bringing literacy and arts education to children who do not have access to these programs.
- To build a sense of wonder for the Arts.
- To bring about a shift in attitudes and beliefs that restrict the potential due to caste, class, or gender norms in society through a life skills approach. To build confidence and agency.
- To bring about a shift in the learning outcomes of children from these communities by using the arts to focus on literacy and numeracy.
- To build a scientific temperament that builds critical thinking through hands-on experiments.
- To foster enthusiasm and ability to self-learn.
“Learning through and about the Arts enriches our experience of life and can influence change.”
The Courtyard Koota Trust
The Trust has been founded by Natasha Iype and Jeeth Iype who believe that learning is a lifelong process that is creative and collaborative, and the vision of the trust is guided by this belief. The trust was registered in December 2020 and is currently hosted in their space at Kengeri.
The Makkala Masti Program is managed by a small team and supported by a group of resourceful volunteers.
Program Head: Arthi Saktheeswaran
Teachers: Priya H.L., Ashwini
Theatre advisor: Anvitha Prakash
Library support: Priyanka
Do contact us to know more details and if you are interested in supporting this initiative.